Admissions criteria for the EMBA program are based on a comprehensive review of the applicant's professional work experience, academic performance, and personal goals. Applications are reviewed on an individual basis. For more information please contact Rebecca McGill, Associate Director of MBA Recruiting, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 538-8497.
The majority of applicants have:
- More than 6 years of professional work experience
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Completed online application form
- $90 application fee
- Current resume
- All undergraduate and graduate transcripts (translated in English if from an international college or university)
- Two letters of recommendation (one from current supervisor) sent electronically
- 1-2 page academic and professional goals statement (as required for all Virginia Tech graduate students)
- Short answer
- TOEFL (If necessary, see Important Information for International Students section below)
Applicants who present a completed application will be contacted to schedule a 30-minute evaluative interview with the Director of MBA Programs. All interviews currently take place via Zoom.
Please note that the GMAT is not required for the Executive MBA program.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Students with undergraduate degrees from universities outside the U.S. should also submit a report from a credential evaluation service that converts grades into a grade point average (GPA) with a course by course break down of their degree. The university will accept evaluations done by any credentialing agency listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services web site.
- TOEFL scores are required of all international students whose first language is not English, except those applicants who have graduated from an accredited university where English is the language of instruction. For additional information on the TOEFL exam, please visit the Educational Testing Service site.
Early application is encouraged, as the availability of scholarships is greatest at the beginning of the review cycle.
- Round 1 - January 15th
- Round 2 - April 15th
- Round 3 - June 1st