While some of our Executive MBA students receive full or partial tuition assistance from their employers, many are either self-funded or apply for financial aid assistance.
Financial aid is available through Virginia Tech’s Office of University Scholarships and Financial Aid. Executive MBA students are eligible to borrow up to $20,500 in Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans each academic year. Federal Grad PLUS loans are also available to EMBA students, which can cover the remaining balance of the tuition. (Please note that loans are not available to students accepted under Commonwealth status in their first semester of study.)
If you are a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and would like to apply for financial aid, please include your social security number (SSN) on the admissions application. If you did not provide your SSN, please contact the Graduate Admissions office for instructions to have it added to your application. You can reach the Graduate Admissions Office by calling 540-231-8636 or by email at email@example.com.
For additional information about financial aid, please reach out to our main point of contact in Virginia Tech's Office of University Scholarships and Financial Aid:
Financial Aid Advisor
Important items to consider:
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the application for federal student loans and is available January 1st.
- You may file the FAFSA before you receive the admissions decision.
- You may file the FAFSA with estimated tax figures if you have not submitted your federal tax return.
- While there is no specific deadline for graduate students, we recommend you submit the FAFSA by early May to give us time to process your financial aid.
- You should check with the EMBA office regarding any possible scholarships or assistantships. Our office only processes student loans for graduate students. Visit the financial aid website for additional information.
The Virginia Tech Pamplin College of Business has partial merit-based scholarships (ranging from $2,000 to $4,000) available to assist working professionals earn their MBA while continuing their careers. No additional paperwork is required for consideration. Scholarship funds will be applied evenly across the six Executive MBA installment payments.
Early application is encouraged, as award amounts are greater in earlier rounds.