About the Program
The Virginia Tech Executive MBA is tailored for business leaders interested in taking their career to the next level. The 18-month program will provide you with the tools you need to be successful in a fast-paced, ever-changing business world.
In this global economy and competitive marketplace, companies need managers who have skills outside of their functional area. Leaders must now be innovative, data-savvy, and able to navigate business across borders and cultures. They need to think strategically and methodically, coach and develop their employees, and create ethical work environments.
With strategic leadership and experiential learning as cornerstones of the curriculum, the Executive MBA is designed to prepare students in the key areas of business intelligence and analytics, innovation and entrepreneurship, and globalization. Students leave the program prepared to leverage trends and information in a rapidly changing world. They practice strategic leadership while being mindful of ethical and global implications when making business decisions.
- 18 months to completion
- Classes meet every other Friday (1:00 - 9:00 pm) and Saturday (8:30 am - 5:30 pm) with breaks in summer and winter
- Classes meet at the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington, VA, just off I-66 and a short walk from the Ballston-MU Metro Station
GMAT: Not required
- Program tuition is approximately 20% less than other Executive MBA programs in the DC Metro Area
- The program total covers the cost of the full 18-month program, including tuition, academic fees, books, software package, catered meals and parking on class days.
- Tutition also includes the cost of our two residencies — Opening residency in Arlington and an international residency that includes cost of travel, lodging, and some meals (does not include international airfare)
- With 55,000+ alumni in the area, Virginia Tech has a strong presence in the DC Metro Area. The Pamplin College of Business hosts multiple annual events in Northern Virginia designed to connect current students and alumni. In addition, Virginia Tech MBA Programs hosts its own networking events for students and alumni from across all three of its programs: Executive, Evening, and Professional.
- Events like professional development workshops and visiting expert presentations are integrated into the program to provide additional perspective outside your cohort
Reputation: The program is accredited by the Association to Advance the Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), the most reputable MBA accreditation organization. The Pamplin College of Business is one of only 5% of business schools internationally accredited by this prestigious body.
Diversity: The program recruits and admits people with diverse backgrounds, work experience, gender, ethnicity, and industries to enhance learning in and outside of the classroom.
Military/Veteran: Virginia Tech is a military friendly institution and the Post-9/11 GI bill covers a large percentage of the tuition. In addition, the application fee is waived for applicants with U.S. military service.
ROI: In recent cohorts, more than 60% of students received either a promotion or new job while in the program or within 6 months of graduation.